06 June 2007

blog entry one...

so i like the idea of writing a blog. hell, it'll give me something to do here at work. i have an hour and a half left in my day, so why not start it now. i've had this blog for a while now; i've just had nothing to say. sometimes i amaze myself on how well i can type without looking at the letters. i remember taking a typing class in senior high and having one hell of a time trying to type. i never really used computers back then. even when i had to write papers, they rarely had to be typed, and if they did, i'd try to get my mum to type them for me. i remember them teaching us how to figure out margins and stuff like that - all things easy to manipulate after typing a document on a computer. anyway, i started using the internet back in 1997 after visiting alex in germany. basically i just wanted to look at bands and email alex. my college had two internet computers in the library, and loading a single page would often take half an hour. now i get frustrated if a page takes longer than three seconds. anyway, i got an email account to communicate with alex and thus started my typing skills. you may have noticed that this is all coming out in a stream of consciousness... i didn't plan on writing about typing or anything at all. just once i started typing i realised how quickly i was typing without looking, so i started writing about that... yeah, well, whatever...

1 comment:

B.R. said...

Stream of consciousness, indeed.
What's funny is the circumstances in which I saw your blog just now. My friend Dimitri, has my blog on his my faves list, I know, cool, smart man, :-), and we got to see my page and I said, oh yeah, here's Liam and we saw your bit and here I am. Bri, who lives in OH and who is now visiting in UT, is hanging out with her friends, sipping wine and yeah, reacting inebriatedly. Good times.